HR®-5 additive is a chemically modified lignosulfonate that retards the setting of cement. It is designed for use in wells with circulating temperatures between 125°F (52°C) and 206°F (97°C) – 290°F static (143°C).
HR-5 additive is compatible with the following:
- Fresh or saltwater slurries
- Most cement additives
- All API cements
- Bentonite cement
- Pozmix® A cement
HR-5 additive provides the following benefits:
- Increased concentrations of HR-5 additive enhance the predictability of cement thickening times.
- Decreases the danger of over-retarded slurries at the top of a long cement column.
- Provides early cement strength development.
- Helps displace slurries at high rates while maintaining formation pressure.