EquiFlow® inflow control devices (ICDs) are designed to regulate fluid flow in both the injection and production direction within the wellbore. Sometimes more well control is needed or desired. The EquiFlow® Sliding Side-Door® ICD provides the operator with enhanced injection/production control by providing the option to completely shut off fluid flow through the ICD.
The EquiFlow Sliding Side-Door ICD can be run in either open or closed hole and cycled multiple times with over three decades of reliability behind Halliburton’s Sliding Side-Door technology.
This added functionality creates a number of additional options for completing an ICD well that a traditional ICD completion would not allow.
- Full injection shutoff to control thief zones and matrix breakout events
- Full production shutoff to eliminate water and gas breakthrough
- Full fluid loss control
- Ability to circulate fluids around ICDs
- Ability to tune ICD completion after installation
- Ability to pinpoint stimulation