Maximizing production requires the right portfolio of technology and processes
Through years of working closely with our customers to commercialize coalbed methane (CBM), Halliburton has identified the top enabling technologies that, when coupled with experience and the right processes, offer the best chance for CBM projects to reach their full life cycle potential
- Expertise and global technology transfer – Developing remote and difficult areas often depends on technology transfer. Halliburton is helping to commercialize CBM in places like Colombia, where the successful transfer of proven technologies from other CBM plays has resulted in commercial success. In Australia, technology transfer will help guarantee that CBM can feed the growing demand for natural gas in the Asia Pacific region.
- Health, safety, environment and operational excellence – Companies must meet or exceed environmental, health and safety standards required by law. Halliburton goes beyond compliance to focus on sustainability in everything we do, striving to leave the places where we work better than we found them. Safety performance is critical to our industry, and we are repeatedly recognized for our excellent safety performance. We are also committed to continuously improving our operational performance to better serve our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
- Life cycle management approach – Halliburton works with its customers to accurately assess production potential and gain a high degree of confidence on whether to move forward with a project – and then applies the right technology in the proper phase of the well's development.
- Reservoir understanding – Diagnostic fracture injection testing, which Halliburton invented for coalbed methane, in combination with injection fall-off testing, coal logging, and other key technologies, provides our customers with accurate reservoir information and production potential.
- Horizontal drilling in the payzone – During horizontal drilling operations in CBM, the InSite ADR™ and GABI™ tools are making a big difference in helping operators stay in the productive zone.
- CBM well completions – Innovations such as patented water swellable packers, which provide better well completions in openhole verticals and laterals, are customized for the unique requirements of CBM.
- Production enhancement – Halliburton's SandWedge®, Expedite®, CoalStim® and SilverStim® LT services, control coal fines and proppant flowback, and provide good conductivity to the tune of millions of dollars in proven enhanced production.